A human body is similar to a machine. There are so many factors that play a key role in the maintenance of human machinery. From these factors that support bodily health, food and items filled with nutrition are very significant. Calcium, which is a natural nutrient, is also included in these nutritional components. This is very important and necessary to ensure a healthy, fit and proactive life. Calcium plays a vital role in strengthening bones, maintaining a steady heartbeat, and in the expanding and shrinking of muscles.
The new edibles of the modern lifestyle of today, e.g. chocolates, soft drinks, fast food, in short, such foods which have fewer nutrients are a cause of diminishing the amount of calcium in the body. Even though medicines prescribed by the doctor can replenish the decreased calcium in the body to some extent and provide energy, however, their side effects can damage organs of the body and in particular the kidneys, whereas the natural way of gaining calcium is very beneficial and conducive to health.
Since 99% of the calcium in our body is found in the bones and teeth, hence calcium deficiency mostly affects the bones and teeth.
- Pain in the bones and joints.
- Hands and feet becoming crooked.
- Crackling of bones.
- Calcium deficiency in children leading to deformation of legs.
Cause of calcium increase and its harm
A compound formed from calcium is called calcium oxalate. If the amount of calcium oxalate increases in the body, it can cause stones in the urinary tract.
Foods high in calcium
- Milk and food which produced from milk, e.g. butter, yogurt, and dairy products.
- Fruit and vegetables are a guarantor of our good health and wellbeing, e.g. flat bean, peas, guar bean, and black-eyed peas. Along with calcium, they contain an ample amount of protein.
- Leafy vegetables like cauliflower, spinach, mushroom, etc. also contain calcium.
- Egg, fish, meat, paneer (cottage cheese), dry fruits e.g. pistachios, and almonds are also a great source of attaining calcium.
Women can take benefit by forming a nutritional chart of vegetables.
Women from 19–50 years of age should take 1000 milligrams of calcium daily, whereas women over 50 and men over 70 years of age should take 1200 milligrams of calcium daily.
Method of using calcium medication
The natural way of attaining calcium is more beneficial for health. Sometimes, however, after the diagnosis of calcium deficiency, doctors prescribe medicines to replenish this deficiency. These medicines should be used following the guidelines of the doctor; one should not consume them on his own accord because increased usage could damage the kidneys.
Using the numerous blessings bestowed by Allah Almighty in a moderate manner can save a person from various types of illnesses. May Allah Almighty grant us salvation from all physical and spiritual illnesses through His mercy, grace, and generosity. اٰمین
Use any medicine only after consulting with your doctor.